Reporting to the Service Manager, the Compressor Field Service Technician is responsible for performing preventive and corrective maintenance as well as installation of compressed air equipment (i.e. air compressors, process pumps, gear drives, vessels, air dryers and nitrogen systems). The tech is also responsible for compressed air piping installations and repair along with investigating equipment failures, recommending appropriate solutions, participating in the planning and execution of minor and major shutdowns.
Compressed Air Solutions is a 24/7 operation. The successful candidate must be willing to work overtime and willing to take ‘on call’ responsibilities as required.
- Installation, maintenance and repair of different brands of compressors, air dryers or related equipment at customer site
- Compressed air piping quoting and installation
- Answering service calls related to emergencies at customer site
- Compressed air system diagnosis and support
- Operation and technical advice / new product promotion to existing customers
- Service promotion to customers
Other Responsibilities and Functions
- Apply and respect the company policies and procedures
- Ability to pass security clearances for certain customers
- Employee must provide own hand tools; company supplies specialty tools
- Promote service and up-sell products
- Contribute to the success of the company
- High school diploma required
- Trade/Technical degree or apprenticeship in a related field required
- Journey Person Industrial Mechanic (Millwright) Certificate (preferred)
- 5+ years experience in the Compressed Air industry
- Ability to effectively interface with diverse customer base
- A self-starter with proven leadership abilities and ability to work solo
- Detail oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong troubleshooting and fault isolation skills
- Team player attitude
- Must maintain a clean driving record and maintain a valid Ontario motor vehicle operator’s license
- Some requirement to travel to the US for training or support
Competences / Specific Aptitudes
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Professionalism / Honesty / Integrity / Loyalty
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Aptitude for troubleshooting and problem solving
- Excellent customer service skills
- Motivated and flexible
This job description is non-restrictive and aims to guide the employee within the framework of the work. At any time, the responsibilities and the tasks could be modified to adapt itself to the evolutionary reality of the company.
Due to Canadian Immigration regulations, we are only able to consider applications from Canadian citizens or other individuals legally entitled to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted for an interview.